My husband loves rotisserie chicken. Typically, he brings one home once a week and we eat it with a giant caesar salad and french bread.
The problem? We always have leftover chicken. Tired of throwing away almost half each week, I decided to cook something up. So here ya go, my recipe for “Left-Over Chicken” Tacos:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Leftover rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño (optional), chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Soft flour tortillas
- Lettuce, chopped
- Lettuce or cabbage, chopped
- Sour cream
- Sriracha (optional)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-heat. Added chopped onions and peppers.
- Once they’ve begun to soften, add the shredded chicken, salt and pepper, and jalapeño. Cook until the chicken is warmed and jalapeños have slightly softened.
- Fill flour tortillas with chicken/onion/pepper/jalapeño mixture and top with chopped lettuce (or cabbage) and sliced avocado.
- Finish with a dollop of sour cream and spritz of Sriracha.
Want the best tasting version of these tacos? Use organic ingredients!